Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Holidays are a busy time with much to do, and without a careful eye on your pet(s) they may get into something harmful. We want to remind pet owners of these simple tips for Thanksgiving:
- Be especially vigilant in watching your pet(s).
- Small portions to us are large portions to them.
- Watch the door when guests come in and out so that your pet does not sneak out. You may need to put them in a room or kennel.
- With many guests in your home, your pet may feel more comfortable being in their own space until everyone is gone.
- Food dogs can and cannot eat: https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/nutrition/human-foods-dogs-can-and-cant-eat/
- Food cats can and cannot eat: https://www.hillspet.com/cat-care/nutrition-feeding/toxic-foods-for-cats
- More articles: https://www.hillspet.com/cat-care/nutrition-feeding
Pets can put on “holiday pounds” too! Those extra pounds can decrease your pet’s energy level, quality of life and even shorten their lifespan. Schedule your pet’s yearly checkup today before the festivities (and eating) begin.
We’re grateful for your trust in us to recommend what’s best for your pet. Call us at (605) 665-9441 to make an appointment for your pet’s yearly checkup. Your pet will be thankful too.
Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at Veterinary Medical Clinic!